Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Moving...

We are moving.

I never thought we would move. I really planned to live in this house until I died.

But this coming Monday I will begin a new job in Cedar City. Several friends have asked me what I think about it all. I honestly don't know. It all happened so fast, I never really had time to think about it. I am excited about the job. It will be a great work environment with wonderful people. The only thing is... it is not even *near* Malad. Malad is home.

I wonder if Cedar will become "home" in time. I suspect it will be like Indianapolis, which I loved, but never really belonged to. Perhaps I will be surprised.

We are keeping the house in Malad,and will eventually be back. But when? I don't know.

Two Sundays ago in church, a friend stood up and said how much he would miss us. This was appreciated and goes both ways. But he also spent a bit of time telling the congregation what a great guy I was. This was very kind, of course. At the same time, it felt a little like going to my own funeral. I had absolutely no idea how to respond, so I just sat there with an awkward smile on my face. What can you say?

So that is where life is now. I look forward to the new challenge. I will miss my friends.

No comments: