Sunday, September 14, 2008

Words Meant for No One

I am calling this blog "Words Meant for No One", not so much because I plan on sharing anything very personal here, but rather because the contents I enter here are intended primarily for myself. I doubt anyone else will find them interesting.

(Besides that, the first few dozen names I came up with were already taken for other people's blogs.)

My plan is to keep a kind of journal here. Nothing profound. No focus on writing style or grammar. Just my ponderings, musings, and ramblings. I will use my CincinnatusAcademy blog for anything that has a lesson idea or interesting point in it.

I knew I wanted to name my blog for an Al Stewart lyric or title. This one comes out of a song called Out in the Snow.
http://alstewart.com/lyrics/outinthesnow.htm - lyrics
http://cdbaby.com/cd/alstewart - Clip of the song. Click on "Out in the Snow"

And I heard words meant for no one
In the air,words out of nowhere
And I saw all at once at my feet
Unexpectedly, a shadow play


It is a strange, dream-like song. I like it. I always liked the mellow, almost depressing songs! Even in my youth. Yes, I also like upbeat songs. But really, the songs I truly loved were songs that introduced me to new people and their deepest feelings. I never was one for surface relationships - not even in my music.

I guess I choose my movies the same way. Neil Young talks about seeing a movie and "falling in love with the actress" who was playing a part that he could understand."

That is what I like. I love a movie (or song) where the characters are developed to the point that I feel I know them.

Well, that is enough nonsense for now. As I said, Words Meant for No One.

No comments: